- 21.10.2020 17:38 Turkey: Lawmakers get proposed 2021 budget
OCTOBER 21: Turkey's 2021 budget is part of its efforts to bounce back from the COVID-19 fallout, Turkey's vice president said Wednesday in the capital Ankara.
- 24.06.2020 11:54 Real sector confidence rose by 15.7 points in June
Real sector confidence (RSCI) rose by 15.7 points to 92.6 level in June, compared to the previous month, according to the Business Tendency Statistics and Real Sector Confidence Index data, released by the Central Bank of Turkey (CBRT) on Wednesday.
- 09.06.2020 11:42 IBM leaving face recognition business
International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) revealed in a letter to members of Congress on Monday the company is leaving the general-purpose facial recognition business as it opposes the use of technology which can be utilized for mass surveillance and possible violations of human rights.
- 29.04.2020 12:01 TurkStat-Economic confidence index fell by 44.1 pct. in April
Economic confidence index fell by 44.1 percent to 51.3 in April, down from 91.8 in March, according to the Economic Confidence Index data, released by the Turkish Statistical Institute (TurkStat) on Wednesday.
- 17.12.2019 17:12 DHA filmed the Risk Analysis Unit who intercepted 7,302 foreign terrorists in 5 years
filmed the 'Risk Analysis Unit' in Istanbul Airport who are carrying out the most effective work in the prevention of foreign terrorists crossing into Syria over Turkey.
- 26.06.2019 23:07 Netflix'in Siyah Kristal: Direniş Çağı Dizisine Alien Filminden Tanıdık Bir Sima Katıldı
Netflix, Siyah Kristal'in öncesini anlatacak olan Siyah Kristal: Direniş Çağı dizisinde Sigourney Weaver'ın da yer alacağını açıkladı.
- 20.06.2019 12:30 Consumer confidence index rose to 57.6 points in June
– Consumer confidence index rose by 4.3 percent to 57.6 points in June, up from 55.3 points in May.The consumer confidence index calculated from the survey results is evaluated within the range of 0-200.
- 31.05.2019 11:23 Foreign trade deficit fell by 55.6 pct. annually in April
– Turkey's foreign trade deficit fell by 55.6 percent annually in April to 2 billion 982 million dollars.According to Turkish Statistical Institute's (TurkStat) data, in April, compared to the same period of the previous year, exports rose by 4.6 percent while imports fell by 15.1 percent.
- 17.05.2018 10:32 Korea İnitiates Wto Dispute Complaints Against US Safeguard Duties On Washers, Solar Cells
– Korea has requested WTO dispute consultations with the United States regarding US safeguard duties imposed on imports of large residential washers and crystalline silicon photovoltaic products. The requests were circulated to WTO members on Wednesday.
- 14.05.2018 17:46 En Sevilen Komedi Filmi: Bazıları Sıcak Sever
BBC Kültür'de yapılan en iyi yüz komedi filmi anketinde Bazıları Sıcak Sever liste başı oldu.
- 08.05.2018 16:18 Wto/azevedo: If We Don't Find A Solution We Could Compromise The Multilateral Trading System
– World Trade Organizaton (WTO) Director General Roberto Azevedo endorsed members to find a solution on the recent trade tensions and stressed that it could damage the whole multilateral trading system if it is left unsolved.
- 04.05.2018 11:52 Wto: Turkey Launches Safeguard İnvestigation On İron And Steel Products
Turkey notified the WTO's Committee on Safeguards that it initiated on 27 April 2018 a safeguard investigation on iron and steel products.
- 04.05.2018 11:28 Tuğrul Selmanoğlu'ndan Batıya Demokrasi Dersi
Almanya’nın başkenti Berlin’deki The General Assembly’de konuşma yapan Türk yazar Tuğrul Selmanoğlu, batıya demokrasi dersi vererek, “Hayal ürünü soykırımlarla uğraşacağınıza, gerçeklerle yüzleşin” dedi.
- 21.12.2017 22:03 Un Adopts Jerusalem Resolution Despite US Threats
NEW YORK, UNITED STATES - DECEMBER 21: The United Nations on Thursday overwhelmingly adopted a resolution on Jerusalem, calling on the United States to withdraw its recognition of the city as Israel's capital.
- 06.11.2017 17:37 Batının İki Yüzlülüğünü Yüzlerine Vuran Türk!... Şok Şok
Berlin'de Batının ikiyüzlülüğünü yüzlerine vuran Türk! Almanya'nın başkenti Berlin'deki The General Assembly'de konuşma yapan Türk yazar Tuğrul Selmanoğlu, batıdaki insan hakkı ihlallerini ve halen süren soykırımları görmezden gelerek Türkiye'deki terörle mücadeleyi, demokrasiyi eleştiren...
- 09.03.2017 09:22 Turkey Files Wto Complaint Against US On Pipe Products
Turkey notified the WTO Secretariat that it had requested WTO dispute consultations with the United States regarding US countervailing duties on imports of certain pipe and tube products.
- 07.03.2017 20:34 Turkishwın@ızmir Learning Circle "Breaking Barriers"
Are you facing with barriers in your life? Who isn't! Our exciting speakers will share their "breaking barriers" stories on March 8th.
- 16.02.2017 23:45 Haley Vowed 'İron-clad Support Of The US For Israel'
Permanent Representative of the United States to the United Nations Nikki Haley told reporters today "I am here to underscore the iron-clad support of the United States for Israel. I am here to emphasize the United States is determined to stand up to the UN's anti-Israel bias.
- 20.10.2016 22:04 THY General Manager Kotil Expected To Resign Tomorrow
Turkish Airlines (THY) General Manager Temel Kotil is expected to resign tomorrow, sources close to the company said.The final decision is expected to be approved and signed at the meeting of company's Board of Directors to be held tomorrow.Kotil has been serving as the General Manager to the company.
- 06.08.2016 09:24 Major Who Notified İntel Agency About Coup Attempt Suspended
The major who notified the Turkey's National Intelligence Agency (MİT) early on July 15 about the failed coup attempt has been suspended from the Turkish Armed Forces (TSK).The pilot major, identified as H.A., notified the intelligence agency at 2: 45 p.m., after which MİT chief Hakan Fidan called Chief of General Staff Gen. Hulusi Akar on the major's notice."The July 15 failed coup attempt was learned from Maj. H.A., who personally went to the MİT and notified them on the issue," daily Hürriyet columnist Abdulkadir Selvi wrote on Friday, adding that the major was suspended with regards to the state of emergency decree issued after the failed takeover, believed to be orchestrated by the Fethullahist Terrorist Organization (FETÖ)."Maj. H.A., who contributed to the failure of the FETÖ coup via notifying the MİT, was suspended from the TSK with a surprise decision. It was revealed that the pilot major knew about the coup process beforehand and was on the list of names prepared by the FETÖ members that plotted the coup," he also wrote.
- 21.03.2016 17:12 Is 'Planned Paris-like Attack On Istanbul Derby Game'
The postponement of the Galatasaray-Fenerbahçe derby game late on March 20 was due to a suspected terrorist plot to stage an attack similar to the attack in Paris in November last year, according to well-placed intelligence sources.The Islamic State (IS), which has carried out several attacks in Turkey.
- 20.03.2016 15:20 Turkey's Main Opposition Leader Offers Pm Counterproposal For Lifting İmmunities
Turkey's main opposition party leader has responded to Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu's call for parliament to lift the immunity of all lawmakers with an alternative proposal, urging a "permanent amendment" rather than the temporary change that the government has suggested. "All along we have had a principled.
- 16.03.2016 10:13 Hürriyet 'Following Every Move Of İts Readers'
The reading trends of the viewers of daily Hürriyet's website are being closely observed to provide a better user experience, the newspaper's chairwoman, Vuslat Doğan Sabancı, has said, referring to the company's quest to develop its big data technology."We closely observe the Hürriyet's online readers. Where did they read the story until? At which point did they move away from the story? Did they reach the end of it or did they decide not to read it when they see the picture? Did they not like the video?" Doğan Sabancı said during a panel titled "Turkish Business World" at the "2nd Digital Transformation Summit" a one-day event organized by the telecommunications company Vodafone in Istanbul on March 15.The chairwoman said they try to understand and explain the behaviors of their readers."In today's advertisement world, we all have a message to be delivered to certain somewhere," Doğan Sabancı added. "At Hürriyet World, we aim to provide these services in the most efficient, easiest way. What we do is everyday process of big data.
- 13.03.2016 19:58 Turkey Plans To Use Eagles Against Drone Threat To Civil Aviation
The threat of drones to civil aviation traffic has been rising in Turkey and the country may use eagles in a bid to ease this threat, according to officials."The main problem with drones was nobody knew who owned them. With a fresh international regulation, it has finally become a must for drones to.
- 13.03.2016 14:00 NATO Begins Periodic Surveillance Of Turkish Airspace
The Turkish General Staff has announced that a NATO Boeing E-3A Sentry Airborne Warning & Control System (AWACS) aircraft has begun surveillance in Turkish airspace as part of assurance measures for Turkey, while noting that NATO's mission would be conducted "periodically" in the coming months."In line.
- 09.03.2016 14:34 Turkish Citizens May Face Refusal Of Entry To Eu, Even İf Visa-free Travel İmposed: Ikv
The risk of refusal of entries at border gates to the European Union (EU) for Turkish citizens should be recognized, even if visa-free travel to EU is rendered possible, said Economic Development Foundation (IKV) General Secretary Çiğdem Nas.Turkish society should be "well informed in this framework",
- 25.02.2016 17:02 Ruling Allows Turkish Women To Keep Maiden Name After Marrying
Women in Turkey will not have to take their husbands' surnames after getting married, according to a new ruling by the Supreme Court of Appeals.
- 19.02.2016 12:40 Consumer Confidence İndex Drops Third Time İn A Row
The consumer confidence index that is calculated from the results of the consumer tendency survey has been dropping by high rates for the third time in a row. According to a survey carried out in cooperation with the Turkish Statistical Institute and Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, the confidence.
- 01.02.2016 19:52 Russia Conducting Observation Flights Over Turkish Airspace Under Open Skies Treaty
Russia is due to conduct observation flights over Turkish territory on Feb. 1-5, under the framework of the Treaty on Open Skies, the Turkish General Staff has announced. The flights come days after Turkey said a Russian SU-34 jet had violated its airspace on Jan. 29 despite warnings, once more stoking.
- 29.01.2016 11:28 Turkey Tops Echr List İn Freedom Of Expression Violations İn 2015
Turkey was the subject of the highest number of judgments regarding violations of freedom of expression in 2015, the European Court of Human Rights' annual activity report revealed on Jan. 28, with the country second only to Russia in the total number of violations. The court determined a violation of.
- 28.01.2016 17:32 Economic Confidence İndex Falls Again İn January
Economic confidence index, which indicated consumers' and producers' evaluations, expectations and tendencies about general economic situation dropped by 16.8 percent in January. Economic confidence index fell from 100.81 to 83.88 in January against December. The decline stemmed from the decreases in.
- 15.01.2016 17:45 Gate Of Historic Mosque Causes Restoration Scandal İn Antalya
During the restoration of the 800-year-old Alaaddin Mosque in the southern province of Antalya's Korkuteli district, the structure's crown gate, a rare example of stone masonry, has been broken into pieces. It was claimed the crown gate was enumerated and dismantled as its structure was weak, according.
- 01.01.2016 12:53 Turkey Moves To Ratify Key Coe Convention Against Financing Of Terrorism
The Turkish government has moved to boost its contribution in global counter-terrorism efforts by ratifying a key convention of the Council of Europe (CoE), of which it is a founding member state.
- 29.12.2015 11:52 Istanbul Braces For Snowfall Ahead Of New Year's Eve
The Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality (İBB) is bracing for a rapid drop in temperatures with the expectation of snow, as the municipality takes measures to ensure safe transportation inside the city. The General Directorate of Meteorology and the meteorology unit of Istanbul's disaster coordination.
- 22.12.2015 11:27 A New Platform For Fine Art Students
Doğuş Group, in an attempt to support faculties of fine arts students, has initiated a social responsibility project and created a platform entitled "A place for art with Doğuş." Within the scope of the platform, some venues owned by the Doğuş Group have been turned into galleries where students can display their art works. These places include Aralarında D-Gym, Doğuş Center, Gina, La Petite Maison, Doğuş Oto Showroom, da Mario, Mezzaluna and Kitchenette.
- 03.12.2015 17:23 Turkey Gives France Authorization To Use Turkish Airspace İn Anti-Is Operations
The Turkish government has granted France permission to use its airspace in the fight against Islamic State (IS), diplomatic sources said. "France asked us for authorization to use our airspace in the context of the fight against Deash [IS] in Syria. This authorization was given on condition that the.
- 25.11.2015 11:58 Russia Releases Trace Map Of Downed Jet
Russian Ministry of Defense has released trace analyses linked the Russian jet's crash in Syria, downed by Turkey. Russian Defense Ministry, has released its radar analysis and a statement read by Lt.Gen. Sergei Rudskoy, Chief of the Main Operational Directorate of the General Staff of the Russian Armed.
- 22.11.2015 06:14 Turkish Parliament To Elect İts Speaker
Turkey's parliament will elect on Nov. 22 one of its members to the chair of legislative speaker, the second most senior position in state protocol. The deadline for applications to the post was midnight on Nov. 21, while all rounds of voting are slated to be held and completed in the general assembly.
- 20.11.2015 12:04 Turkey's Southeast Sees Dramatic Capital Outflow Due To Terror: Businessman
There has been a serious capital outflow from Turkey's southeastern region due to escalating terror attacks, according to Alican Ebedinoğlu, the head of the Diyarbakır Association of Tradesmen and Craftsmen (DESOB). "Many entrepreneurs have left the region by selling their homes and closing down their.
- 15.11.2015 12:18 Un Head 'Looking Forward' To Discussing Paris Attacks With G-20 Leaders İn Turkey
The world needs "cool heads" to prevail and leaders to come together, United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has told the Hürriyet Daily News ahead of his arrival in the Turkish city of Antalya on Nov.
- 30.10.2015 16:21 US Finally Approves Crucial 'Smart Bomb' Sale To Turkey
The U.S. has decided to sell Turkey $70 million worth of "smart bombs," a key item in a set of crucial weapon systems that Washington had been refusing to send to Ankara. The Pentagon announced on Oct. 29 that the U.S. State Department approved the sale after the Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA),
- 26.10.2015 17:25 Dha Englısh / Intervıew: "Racist Europe Does Not Want Turks Walking Around Their Streets"
The current polarization in Turkey may have been triggered by the European Union's obstacles in the accession process, leading Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan to choose more authoritarian paths, prominent U.
- 26.10.2015 10:37 Voting Ends Abroad, Scuffle Erupts İn Tokyo
The ballot boxes in Turkish missions abroad closed for voting late Oct. 25 for the Nov. 1 snap elections following a scuffle that injured 12 people during polling at the Turkish Embassy to Tokyo on Oct. 25. There were long queues in front of the Turkish embassies and consulate generals across the world.
- 23.10.2015 09:11 Mining Firm, State İnstitutions Responsible For Soma Disaster: Report
An expert report prepared by seven experts from the Istanbul Technical University into the 2014 Soma mine disaster has stated that the owner of the mine and state institutions responsible for mining facilities, including the Labor and Social Security Ministry, were responsible for the tragedy that killed.
- 22.10.2015 17:12 Consumer Confidence İndex Bounces İn October
Consumer confidence index rose by 7.3 percent to 62.78 against the previous month, in October, from the lowest level seen since Jan. 2009. According to the consumer tendency survey carried out in cooperation with the Turkish Statistical Institute and Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, the consumer.
- 11.10.2015 15:38 Turkey's Labor Unions Declares General Strike Following Ankara Attacks
Turkey's labor movement bodies called for mourning of three days and general strike of two days, following the twin Ankara bombing striking the whole country, on Oct. 10. "To protest the fascist massacre and to commemorate the death of our friends, we are now in mourning for 3 days. The general strike.
- 10.10.2015 23:33 Twin Blasts Shook Ankara: At Least 95 Killed (4)
(updates death toll.) Two blasts shook a road junction in the center of the Turkish capital Ankara on Oct. 10, causing many casualties including fatalities. At least 95 were killed, 246 wounded, according to the Prime Ministry. The twin explosions erupted ahead of a "peace" march organized by labor unions.
- 10.10.2015 18:55 Hdp Co-leader Slams Erdoğan, Gov't For Attack That Claimed 86 Lives
Selahattin Demirtaş, the co-chair of the People's Democratic Party (HDP) whose members are among the victims of the Oct. 10 Ankara attack, harshly criticized both government and President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan for poor inspection on recent similar attacks. "We have lost almost 150 of our people before.
- 02.10.2015 14:26 Parliament Opens And Closes With Ceremony Of Protests
The Turkish parliament opened on Oct. 1 for a short session before elections in one month's time, but the event quickly became the scene of protests against President Tayyip Erdoğan. The parliament closed after the same session, due to election campaigns. Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP) co-chairs Selahattin.
- 28.09.2015 16:57 Real Sector Confidence "Pessimistic" First Time Since Dec. 2012
Real sector confidence index dropped under the 100 level at 99.1 in Sep, pointing to a pessimistic outlook in economic activities, for the first time since Dec. 2012. When the index is over 100, it indicates an optimistic outlook, and when the index falls below 100, a pessimistic outlook to the economic.